BAKED PUMPKIN, MOZZARELLA & 3 GRAIN PARMIGIANA
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 300g cooked Riso 3 grains (as per packet instructions)
- 3tb olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 450g pumpkin (or butternut squash), peeled, cut into wedges then thinly sliced 5cm thick
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 jar tomato pasta sauce
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 20 fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2x 125g buffalo mozzarella, thickly sliced
- 2tb finely grated parmesan cheese (or vegetarian option)
How to prepare:
Preheat oven to 180c.
Heat 2tb of the olive oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic, and oregano, cook for 3-4 minutes or until onions have softened, but with no colour.
Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and basil leaves, increase the heat and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer, cook for 5-8 minutes.
Lightly grease a 23cm x 23cm ovenproof baking dish, spoon in ½ the tomato mix.
Season the cooked 3 grains and mix with the remaining olive oil, then spoon over the grains to cover the tomato sauce.
Top the grains with the other half of the tomato sauce.
Now carefully lay overlapping slices of the pumpkin to cover the top of the dish.
Arrange the mozzarella slices on top of the pumpkin, sprinkle over the parmesan and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until pumpkin is cooked through and the top is golden and bubbling.
Allow to cool slightly before serving.