VEGAN WILD MUSHROOM, BLACK RICE & HAZELNUT BISQUE
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 150g Riso Gallo Rustico Black Wholemeal Rice
- 250g mixed wild mushrooms (or any other mushrooms are fine), sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30g vegan butter (or olive oil)
- 700ml prepared vegan vegetable stock
- 300ml plant-based nut milk (hazelnut or almond)
- 50g roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
How to prepare:
Heat the vegan butter in a pan, add the onion, thyme, and garlic, cook gently together for 4-5 minutes.
Raise the heat, add the mushrooms, cook together for 8-10 minutes until nicely golden and caramelised.
Add the black rice, the stock and bring to the boil.
Simmer for 15 minutes over a medium heat, before adding the nut milk.
Simmer for a further 5 minutes, until the rice is cooked through.
Season to taste , transfer to 4 serving bowls, sprinkle over some roasted chopped hazelnuts and serve.