CAULIFLOWER, BEETROOT & BLACK RICE SALAD WITH CURRIED EGG DRESSING
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 200g RISO GALLO RUSTICO BLACK WHOLEGRAIN RICE
- 2 medium cooked beetroots (not in vinegar) cut into small wedges.
- 1 small cauliflower separated into small florets.
- 2 baby cos gem lettuces, leaves separated.
- 50g baby spinach leaves
For the dressing:
- ½ garlic clove, peeled, flattened with the back of a large knife
- ½ tsp English mustard
- 1 tsp mild curry paste or curry powder
- 100ml natural yoghurt
- juice of ½ lemon
- 20g raisin, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes, drained well.
- 2 free range eggs, hard boiled, coarsely chopped.
- 25g freshly picked coriander leaves.
How to prepare:
Cook the black rice in plenty of boiling water for 18 minutes, then drain well and leave to go cold.
Cook the cauliflower florets in boiling water until just tender, but firm, then refresh under cold water, drain well.
For the dressing, rub the inside of a bowl with the garlic clove then discard it.
Add the mustard, curry paste or powder, and yoghurt to the bowl.
Add the lemon juice, chopped egg, raisins and coriander, season to taste.
The dressing should be thick but still pourable, if not add a little water to achieve the desired consistency.
Place the lettuce leaves and spinach in a bowl, add the rice, cauliflower, and beetroots, and little of the dressing, mix gently together. Adjust the seasoning.
Divide between 4 serving dishes, coating the vegetables with a little more dressing and serve.
This salad is equally delicious using wholegrain brown rice