GREEN PEA, CRISPY PANCETTA & GREEN CHILLI RISOTTO
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 2 Cups of Riso Gallo Carnaroli Risotto Rice
- 2 Shallots finely diced
- 1 Tsp garlic puree
- 100g butter (keep 50g to finish)
- 1 cup of pancetta
- 3 Tsp of green pesto
- 3 green chillies sliced (deseed if you dont want too much heat)
- 2 cups cooked frozen peas (save half for puree)
- 1 glass of white wine
- 850ml of low salt chicken stock
- 30g of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of feta to garnish
How to prepare:
Sauté the shallots, chillies, garlic & pancetta in butter, medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
Add your Carnaroli rice and cook until rice is transparent, add your wine and stir until evaporated, add in 1 cup of cooked peas and (cook rice as per instructions).
Add your hot stock and simmer. As you stir add another ladle when needed continue to do so for 18 minutes.
Add 1 cup of cooked peas with 1 cup of stock to the blender and puree. 5 minutes before risotto is finished add the pea puree to risotto ( gives it that vibrant colour and flavour).
Finish with Grated parmesan, pesto and butter and garnish with feta.