BLACK GARLIC & WILD MUSHROOM RISOTTO
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 175g Riso Gallo My Risotto Perfetto Porcini Mushroom
- 450 ml water
- 3 black garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 basil leaves (Chopped)
- 1/3 cup of dried mushrooms (Oyster Porcini Shiitake)
- 1 cup of warm water (soak mushrooms and dry and chop)
- 50g Gran padano grated (use vegan cheese for vegetarian option)
- 1 knob of butter to finish
How to prepare:
In a small bowl soak your mixed dried mushrooms in 1 cup of boiling water and wrap in cling film (this can be done in advance). They will double in size. Drain off but keep the stock for risotto or a soup.
To cook the My Risotto Perfetto Porcini Mushroom, pour 2 glasses of cold water for each glass of rice (175g Risotto= 450ml water).
Bring to the boil and simmer for 12 minutes, or until water is absorbed, stirring throughout.
Add 3 tbsps of oil to a heated pan, add your diced black garlic, diced onions, soaked mushrooms and chopped basil leaves and cook for 2-3 minutes tossing throughout and remove from heat (this will top your risotto).
Finish the risotto, with a knob of butter, grated Gran padano and chopped mushrooms.