SPICY MEXICAN CHEESE & CHORIZO ARANCINI
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 350g Riso Gallo Traditional Risotto Rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30g butter
- 2 onions diced (Save 1 for sauce)
- 4 Tsp of Diced Garlic (Save 2 for sauce)
- 1 Glass White Wine
- 800 ml low salt chicken stock
- 150g parmesan (finely grated)
- 200g Finely chopped Mexicana cheese
- 50g Diced Chorizo
Coating of balls
- 150g panko crumbs
- 150g Flaming Hot Cheese Doritos
- 150g Plain flour
- 3 Eggs Beaten
How to prepare:
Prepare your Risotto Rice as per instructions.
After the risotto is prepared allow to cool (room temperature). Then in a mixing bowl add your diced cheese and chorizo and mould into golf ball sized balls. (Have a cup of water handy as wet hands will help mould easier due to sticky rice) then place into the fridge while you make a quick sauce.
Add all the spicy sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Just before you serve the arancini you will want to heat the sauce in a pan 5-10 minutes.
Remove the arancini balls from the fridge and into the coating mix. Flour, egg wash then into Panko crumbs.
In a deep fat fryer, cook your arancini balls for 6-8 minutes until golden and serve on top of your heated tomato sauce.