MEDITERRANEAN INSPIRED 3 GRAIN TUNA SALAD
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 150g Riso Gallo Rustico 3 Grain Mix
- 225g good quality canned tuna in oil
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g French beans
- 30g small capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 red onion thinly sliced.
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
Store Staple ingredients
- 1 tsp French or English mustard
- 2 tb balsamic vinegar
- 6tb olive oil
How to prepare:
Cook the Riso Gallo 3 Grains in boiling water following the cooking instructions on the packet. Drain in a colander and allow to cool.
Cook the French beans in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, then refresh in cold water, drain well.
Make the dressing by whisking together in a bowl the mustard, balsamic vinegar and oil, season to taste.
Drain the tuna from the tin adding the oil from it to the balsamic dressing, then flake the tuna into large pieces.
In a bowl place the cooked grains, tuna, tomatoes, French beans, capers and red onion.
Pour over the prepared dressing and toss gently together, season to taste.
Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with the lemon wedges if using and serve.