MOROCCAN CHICKEN & 3 GRAIN BROTH
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
Place the chicken cubes in a pan, add the oil, onion, spices and stir over a low heat for 10 minutes with no colour.
Add the tomatoes along with their juice, the harissa, the coriander, cover with a litre of cold water, bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat, simmer for 25 minutes, before adding the 3 grains and chickpeas, simmer for further 15 minutes.
Add the broken vermicelli noodles, simmer for a final 5 minutes.
Stir in the egg and lemon mix using a large spoon to create egg strands in the soup.
Season with black pepper and serve.
How to prepare:
- 200g Riso Gallo Rustico 3 Grain Mix
- 375g skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 tb olive oil
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- `1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 onions, chopped
- 40g fresh coriander, chopped
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp harissa (or ½ tsp red chilli flakes)
- 200g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 50g vermicelli noodles (optional), broken into 2.5cm lengths
- 1 egg, beaten with juice of ¼ lemon