SAUSAGE, 3 GRAIN & CANNELLINI BEAN ‘AL FORNO’
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 300g Riso Gallo Rustico 3 Grain Mix
- 2tb olive oil
- 8-12 thick meaty pork sausages (or Italian style sausages)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled, thickly sliced
- 1tsp fresh picked thyme (or ½ tsp dried)
- 400g canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1tb tomato puree
- 2tsp Dijon mustard
- 500ml prepared chicken stock
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2tb chopped parsley
How to prepare:
Preheat oven to 200c
Heat them oil in a large heavy oven proof casserole, add the sausages and fry gently for 2-3 minutes until golden, turning them occasionally.
Add the onions, half the garlic, carrots, and thyme, cook for 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, drained cannellini beans, and mix well.
Add the stock and bring to the boil, scatter over the 3 grains, cover casserole dish with a lid, place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Meanwhile mix the breadcrumbs, remaining garlic, mustard, and parsley in a bowl.
Remove casserole from the oven, carefully remove lid, sprinkle the breadcrumb mix evenly over the top of the sausages and return to the oven for 5-8 minutes until the crumbs become golden and bubbling (alternatively you can place the dish under a hot grill).
Serve direct from the oven.