Explore a new world of flavours
Bring the authentic flavours of Thailand, Japa, Indian Punjab and the Camargue to your kitchen.
CATALAN ROMESCO RED RICE SALAD
What do you need
- [ ] 300g Gallo Red Rice
- [ ] 4 firm ripe tomatoes preferably vine ripened
- [ ] 75g Large Green olives (stoneless)
- [ ] 250g jar roasted red peppers in oil
- [ ] 2tb superfine capers rinsed and drained
- [ ] 50g whole almonds lightly toasted then coarsely chopped
- [ ] 50g flat leaf parsley leaves only.
For the dressing
- [ ] 1 garlic clove crushed
- [ ] 60ml sherry or red wine vinegar
- [ ] 90ml olive oil
- [ ] 1tsp sugar
- [ ] 1tsp smoked paprika
- [ ] pinch of ground cumin
Proposed by: Paul Gayler
How to prepare:
Simmer the red rice in hot water for 22 minutes until tender, then drain in a colander or sieve, place to one side.
Drain the peppers and cut into large pieces.
Cut the tomatoes into bite size pieces.
For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl, season to taste.
Combine the warm rice in a bowl with the olives, capers, peppers, tomato and flat leaf parsley in a bowl, toss together
Pour over the dressing, toss to combine.
Divide the salad between 4 serving dishes, scatter over the toasted almonds and serve at room temperature.