Rice and risotto dishes that taste as great as they make you feel.
ITALIAN MINESTRONE RICE SOUP
What do you need
- [ ] 1-2 Cups of Riso Gallo Arborio rice
- [ ] 3-4 Carrots (Small Diced)
- [ ] 2-3 Celery Sticks ( Small diced)
- [ ] 150g Cannellini beans (drained)
- [ ] 1 large onion (Small diced)
- [ ] 1 tin (400g) diced tinned tomatoes
- [ ] 2 tbsp of Tomato puree
- [ ] 2-3 cloves Garlic
- [ ] 2 tbsp of mixed herbs
- [ ] 1 cup of sliced savoy cabbage
- [ ] 1.5/2 litres of Low salt Veg Stock or Chicken
Proposed by: Gary Guiney
How to prepare:
In a little oil fry off the carrots, onions, celery, garlic and add mixed herbs- simmer on a low heat for 10 mins until soft.
Add in Tomato puree, tinned tomatoes, beans, and choice of stock and cook for a further 15 mins, stirring regularly.
Add in Riso Gallo Aborio rice and cabbage and cook for a further 20 mins – at this stage everything should be soft and tender.
Taste and season then serve, finishing the soup with some grated Parmesan to taste