Rice and risotto dishes that taste as great as they make you feel.
VEGAN WILD MUSHROOM, BLACK RICE & HAZELNUT BISQUE
What do you need
- [ ] 150g Riso Gallo Venere black rice
- [ ] 250g mixed wild mushrooms (or any other mushrooms are fine) sliced
- [ ] 1 onion finely chopped
- [ ] ¼ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- [ ] 2 garlic cloves crushed
- [ ] 30g vegan butter (or olive oil)
- [ ] 700ml prepared vegan vegetable stock
- [ ] 300ml plant-based nut milk (hazelnut or almond)
- [ ] 50g roasted hazelnut coarsely chopped
Proposed by: Paul Gayler
How to prepare:
Heat the vegan butter in a pan, add the onion, thyme, and garlic, cook gently together for 4-5 minutes.
Raise the heat, add the mushrooms, cook together for 8-10 minutes until nicely golden and caramelised.
Add the Venere rice, the stock and bring to the boil.
Simmer for 15 minutes over a medium heat, before adding the nut milk.
Simmer for a further 5 minutes, until the rice is cooked through.
Season to taste, transfer to 4 serving bowls, sprinkle over some roasted chopped hazelnuts and serve.