STICKY PORK SPRING ROLLS WITH LONG GRAIN RICE
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 200 g cooked and refreshed Riso Gallo Long Grain Rice (please follow Gallo rice box instructions on how to cook)
- 1 kg diced pork belly into 3-inch squares approximately
- 100 g white onion
- 100g carrots, peeled and diced
- 30g ginger sliced into coin shape.
- 1 red chilli split, and seeds removed and roughly chopped.
- 4 whole star anise spice
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 orange cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 1 packet of spring rolls pastry
- Flour to make paste to stick the spring rolls together
- Vegetable oil or butter
How to prepare:
This recipe makes about 15.
Fry sesame oil and sear the pork diced squares until golden.
Drain off any excess fat and place in the slow cooker.
Using the same oil in the same pan, add all other ingredients (except the cooked rice which goes in at the end). Cook everything together in the slow cooker and add a little cold water if needed. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 10 hours on low or 8 hours on medium heat.
Once the pork starts to fall apart and is unctuous and soft, remove from the slow cooker and reduce the liquid. Using a fork, pull the pork, removing any excess fat or skin. Once the liquid has reduced to a sticky glaze, spoon back into the pork and mix well with the rice which is added at the end.
Check the seasoning now and using a clean chopping board, place onto the board with the filling and a small bowl of flour and water mixed into a paste.
Roll the spring rolls up into neat parcels.
Now pre heat the deep fryer or air fryer ready – or brush with butter and place into an oven until golden and crispy or deep fry until golden and crispy.
Serve with soy sauce dipping sauce.