TRADITIONAL SPANISH PAELLA
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 15ml olive oil
- 75g onion, peeled & finely diced
- 75g carrot, peeled & finely diced
- 75g celery, finely diced
- 10g garlic, peeled & finely diced
- 75g tomatoes, chopped
- 18g Essential Cuisine Chermoula Seasoning
- 500g Riso Gallo Sustainable Arborio rice
- 60ml olive oil
- 1kg iberico pork, trimmed
- 200g roasted red peppers
- 200g pardon peppers
- 2 ½ litres Essential Cuisine Signature Chicken Stock Reduction
- 500ml passata
- 10g sweet smoked Spanish paprika
How to prepare:
Preheat an oven to 180°C
Place all the sofrito ingredients in a medium saucepan over a high heat. Cook until all the vegetables are soft. Place in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
Heat the olive oil in a large paella pan over a high heat until smoking, sear the pork until browned on all sides. Remove from the pan and place on a baking tray. Add the sofrito, passata and smoked paprika, stirring for 1 minute, add the Riso Gallo Sustainable Arborio rice, stir for another minute. Pour in the Essential Cuisine Signature Chicken Stock Reduction, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
Place the pardon peppers on the same tray as the pork and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
Remove from the oven, slice the pork on the diagonal, lay on top of the rice along with the roasted red peppers and pardon peppers.
Serve with crusty bread.