CAULIFLOWER BLACK RICE TACOS WITH DAK DAK SALAD
Recipe Created By:
What you will need
- 150g Riso Gallo Rustico Black Rice
- 1 small cauliflower – stem removed and cut into florets
- ½ red pepper – seeds removed and chopped
- ½ yellow pepper – seeds removed and chopped
- ½ bunch of Spring onions trimmed and cut into batons
- 2 gem salad leaves
Dak Dak salad
- ½ red pepper sliced and finely diced
- 1 carrot peeled and top and tail removed then finely diced or grated.
- ½ yellow pepper sliced and diced
- 1 cucumber sliced and diced.
- 1 packet of radishes washed and cut into neat wedges.
- ½ bunch spring onions finely chopped
- 1 pomegranate tapped all around with a wooden spoon until they are “Squidgy” then cut into half and remove the seeds for garnish.
- Lemon juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil to bind.
- Salt and pepper to mix.
How to prepare:
Firstly, cook your black rice in boiling salted water for about 20 minutes or until cooked.
In the meantime, cut your cauliflower into florets and brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and your favourite spices – we are using a teaspoon of mild blend of paprika, sesame and cumin.
Cook in a preheated oven at 180C for approximately 2 minutes until tender and remove from the oven to cool.
To make the filling, fry the peppers and spring onions in olive oil or rapeseed oil under tender.
Heat up the tacos to give them a nice colour.
Finally place all the ingredients of the Dak Dak salad into a bowl and serve with some chopped fresh mint for a refreshing salad to go with your tacos.
To Serve: Place the salad leaves onto the tacos. Then add the fried vegetables. Then add the roasted cauliflower. Then add the black rice and finally top with some soured cream and serve with the side bowl of dak dak salad.